- This event has passed.
Restore Your Gut: Post-Holiday Health Reset
January 31, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
As the saying goes, “you are what you eat”. Your body is constantly breaking down food into nutrient building blocks in order for your body to function, grow, and heal. This is why a nutrient-dense, whole foods diet in vital for your health… however, if your digestion is compromised, your ability to obtain and utilize nutrients from your food may be impaired.
What does a compromised digestive system look like? Some people experience annoying heartburn, embarrassing gas and bloating, distracting abdominal pains, or have been told they have “Irritable Bowel Syndrome” (IBS) that they just “have to live with”. Others suffer from severe inflammatory bowel disease (such as Crohns’ or ulcerative colitis), which greatly impact their daily lives and prevent their experience of wellbeing. Either end of this spectrum of digestive concerns can contribute to nutrient deficiencies, skin conditions (such as eczema), hormone imbalances, poor mood or concentration, a reduced ability to heal and recover, increased risk of other disease, among many other concerning effects.
In Naturopathic Medicine, we view the gut as the very foundation of health and healing. By understanding how your digestive system works and how to optimize it, you can start to take control of your own health, and attain your goals of feeling comfortable and confident in your own skin.
Don’t let your digestive symptoms detract from your daily life, work performance, mood or relationships – join Dr. Kathleen to investigate how to optimize your gut in order to support your health, and learn what steps you can take to heal your digestion.
In this presentation, you will learn:
- What your gut symptoms could be telling you about your health
- The root causes of annoying digestive concerns such as gas, bloating, pain, “IBS”, constipation and diarrhea
- What lifestyle factors may be contributing to your digestive concerns, and how to rectify them
- How to approach your digestive health from a holistic perspective
You will leave this presentation with:
- Simple lifestyle habits that you can implement immediately to help restore your digestive function
- Natural home remedies you can implement at home to soothe occasional heartburn, gas or bloating, or other digestive concerns
- The top foods you can add to your diet to promote gut healing, along with recipes
- What further medical and naturopathic testing you may want to consider to get to the root cause of your own unique digestive concerns
- What supplements or herbs may be beneficial to you